Friday, April 8, 2011

"A good book has no ending."

R. D. Cumming knows exactly how I feel when reading a book; "Geesh, HOW many more pages???"

As my blogmates can tell you, I've never been much of a reader.  I do read magazines, and (sometimes) I do want to read books, but I just can't get "into" them.  Sitting on my nightstand is four such books: Toddler 411 by Denise Fields, Toddlerwise by Gary Ezzo, Eat, Drink and Be Healthy by Walter C. Willett, and Penny Saving Household Helper: 500 Little Ways to Save Big by Rebecca DiLiberto.  Each night, as I contemplate which book to read, I spot the fifth book on my nightstand: Puzzle Baron's Logic Puzzles by Puzzle Baron.  My left brain overtakes my right brain and I just have to complete a puzzle. 


Photo found here

Want to try one?
Logic Puzzle

Its my new obsession.  In fact, these puzzles have completely taken over my love of magazines (the pictures below shows the months' worth of magazines I keep brushing aside in favor of another logic puzzle).



In the meantime, I'd like to ask Kate (self-described bookworm), Mindy (loves books), or Karissa (corporate librarian) to read and summarize the four books listed above for me. Thanks GIRLFRIENDS! 

Hugs to our followers,
LC

p.s. As a side note: This may sound silly, but Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli is the ONE book that changed my life and I plan to re-read it often.  For anyone looking for a quick read (its a young adult book), check it out.  In fact, my love for Stargirl runs so deep, I think I'll dedicate a post just to it.  Keep an eye out for it!

1 comment:

  1. I call dibs on Eat, Drink and Be Healthy by Walter C. Willett. I will even submit a book report to you, I know how you miss grading :) Logic Puzzles are fun too though, that was a tough one!!!

    ReplyDelete