Saturday, April 30, 2011

“…going to Bloomingdales to buy a hat that will turn out to be a mistake - as almost all hats are.”

Watching the Royal Wedding yesterday, amid all of the celebrities, high fashion and romance, I was reminded of the entry title quoted from You've Got Mail.  There are only a lucky few women who can pull off a hat.  Princess Kate Middleton is one of them.  She looks spectacular in (almost) all of her "Fascinator" headwear (the Ushanka-ish fur hat may have been a slight misstep).  Between her royal status, her arm candy, her sense of style, and her ability to pull off a wide array of hats, I'm finding more and more reasons to be jealous of the new Duchess of Cambridge. 

Photo found here

Photo found here

Photo found here

Photo found here

Photo found here


 Other women aren’t so lucky. 

Photo found here
Photo found here
Photo found here
Photo found here
Photo found here


I've been thinking long and hard about getting a floppy black beach hat for the summer.

Photo found here

I'm pretty confident I'd fall into the second category of pictures.  I'd constantly be trying to convince myself that Meg Ryan was wrong in You've Got Mail.  But, even if I made it out of my house with the hat on, I'd remove it thirty seconds later out of pure paranoia that strangers were commenting on it.  

So, I have to say, regardless of the outcome, hats off (::pun intended::) to those women who have the courage to sport these head accessories. 

Hugs to our followers,
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment