Monday, April 11, 2011

yum yum yum.....

I made the most delicious item ever this weekend. I seriously think this may be new go-to treat.  If you remember an earlier post of mine about future baking projects, this was one of them.  Oreo truffles.  How can you go wrong?  Who doesn't love Oreo's?

As I had mentioned in that post, I bake for a variety of reasons.  This weekend I did a lot of baking.  I needed the distraction.  Unfortunately, I was up at the crack of dawn so I finished with all of my errands and many baking projects by 1:00 pm on Saturday.  Since our house is on the market I didn't have any cleaning to do either.  Not good.  Especially when the by-product of my baking frenzy were these lovely little treats.

Remember these?

Photo courtesy of Bakerella
It really is an incredibly simple recipe--just three ingredients!



Crush all but seven of the Oreo's in your food processor.


Yum! Then add a brick of cream cheese.  This is when to get your hands dirty. It was much easier and faster.  I bet kids would love to help with this.

Then you roll them into little balls.  I liked bite size but you could adjust to your preference.  Then, I put them in the freezer to harden for a bit.

Lastly, you dip them into candy coating.  Some of them I dipped into the reserved seven Oreo's.  This was much easier--the candy coating didn't have to be perfect.  You could probably use a bunch of things to coat them in if you'd like.

I brought them into work today. Based on how many I have left, I'd say they were successful.  I'm going to try them again with the blonde Oreo's, the mint Oreo's and maybe Nutter Butters.  I wonder what other combos I can do?

Yum yum yum.
~Kc

3 comments: