Monday, April 18, 2011

Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore

Those of you who have watched the news the past few days have probably heard about the devastating string of storms that went through North Carolina (as well as several other states).  I am very grateful that my family and friends have all come through this experience relatively unscathed.  For those that were not as fortunate, my heart goes out to you. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. 

If you haven't seen some of the photos or videos of the tornado there are a number of articles on the major news networks.  Our local news channel, WRAL , has numerous user videos and photos of the tornado and aftermath. Specifically, here are photos/videos of the Raleigh tornado that touched down about five miles from where I live.  There's insulation and other debris all over town.

The reminder I had from this is that Mother Nature can be very unkind. Take those weather watches and warnings seriously and seek shelter when advised.

No comments:

Post a Comment