Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Mess You’d Wear With Pride…

Happy Sunday-Funday all! I’ve been enjoying some tunes while cleaning around the house. It’s starting to feel like SPRING outside which means summer concerts are just around the corner, yay! I have this ongoing list of songs I LOVE that I wish had been written about me (self-centered, party of one). Can you imagine if your lovely boyfriend/husband/love-god had penned something uber romantic and then set it to music (guitars and drums and piano and flutes!!!) and then played it over and over again night after night on tour, each time thinking of you??? Gah, I die.

One song that is near the top of my list is by one of my favorites, Band of Horses. It’s called “I Go To The Barn Because I Like The” (yes, that’s where the title ends) from their album Everything All the Time. If you haven’t heard it, take a listen…



Sadly, this song is no longer played live by the band since it was penned by Mat Brooke who left the band in like 2007 or something. Just after that album they released Cease to Begin which had another goodie, “No One’s Gonna Love You”, that you can also fall in love with and pretend was written about you (totally normal, right!?!?)

Patiently awaiting the next Band of Horses show…
~M

No comments:

Post a Comment