Sunday, April 17, 2011

New Love

We moved into our house in the dead of summer.  We have a terrific bump-out that gets LOTS of sun and heats our kitchen and dining room.  Its great in the winter but not so great in the summer.  We quickly ordered blinds to solve the problem. 

Fast forward two years, and you can see that our blinds are a disgrace. 

Before
They were ugly and brought nothing to our dining room other than shade.  They were a pain to open and close, and they were constantly breaking (as you can see in the picture above).

Imagine my delight, when my husband (out of pure frustration) said that he would pay any amount of money to get rid of our vertical blinds.  Cha-ching!  I got right on the job of ordering swatches and pricing drapes on-line. 

The sticker shock of our new drapes was a bit of a shock to my husband (he'll think twice before not putting a maximum price tag on his wish!), but TOTALLY worth it, don't you think?

After

I'm in love with these drapes from Fabric Workroom.  Even better, my husband and I installed them ourselves without even the slightest bickering.

Hugs to our followers,
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment