Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Fever…

I’ve had a bit of writer’s block lately.  The past few weeks have been pretty darn awful so I’m trying to pick myself back up and get on with my life.  I think Kate’s previous post about the silver lining is perfect.  We all have our minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even years that just stink.  But, if we look closely at our life, I think we can all find ways to see the silver lining.  I’m trying to do that now.

Since it’s a beautiful 85 degrees in Raleigh today (I love spring here!) it’s making me think of fun plans. I want to get outside and play as much as possible. It seems like life always gets in the way of fun plans and summer goes by way too fast.  Maybe if I make a to-do list, these fun days will actually happen.

·       Go kayaking at Lake Crabtree (try not to fall in and embarrass myself)
·       Go to the NC Zoo (make monkey noises the rest of the day)
·       Go to a Durham Bulls baseball game on a beautiful summer night and watch the fireworks display (they really do the best fireworks display ever)
·       Go to the beach as many times as possible (we live only an hour and forty five minutes away from the beach. There is no excuse not to go more frequently)

Me and Joe at Wrightsville beach
·       Chase the fireflies and feel the grass beneath my feet
·       Go for a picnic at Duke Gardens
·       Enjoy frequent trips to Goodberry’s and Rita’s (calories? What calories?)
·       Have more barbecues (is there anything better than hot dogs and hamburgers? And corn on the cob? And steak?)
·       Spend long days at the pool reading (trashy romance novels, I’m talking to you!)

We just put our house on the market so I figure doing these activities will keep me out of the house which will then keep the house clean.  I can at least test the theory.  So, Joe, if you’re reading this blog we have a lot of things to check off our list.  It’s a good thing we have a long summer down here!

So what plans are you making now that the warm weather is here? Is there anything else I should add to my to-do list?

~Kc

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying your warm weather. It's rainy and in the 50's here:( Hoping the sun comes back again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It maybe got to a high of 47 today here in Michigan and it was really gray outside. So enjoy your warmth and sun and whatever you are going thru right now...this too shall pass,and it will make you stronger. I promise.

    ReplyDelete