Friday, March 25, 2011

My next project...

I admit that I have a problem.  If you were to see the piles and piles of recipe books, magazines, and printouts of recipes, you'd understand.  I love organizing things so I try desperately to keep it all contained into well labeled binders....but it has gotten out of control.  I blame my mom. It's her fault that she introduced me to this world.  Ironically, the majority of my recipes are for baking (cakes, cookies, cupcakes, icings...yum) while hers are for meals and appetizers.  We compliment each other well. :)

Anyways, baking is my release. It's what I do when I'm stressed, bored, happy, sad, irritated, frustrated, excited...I can use anything as an excuse to bake.  But, my list of things I want to bake is rapidly outnumbering the days in the year. I don't have time to do it all (or eat the calories)!  Here are some of my current ideas for the next project to tackle.

1. Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter icing.  Totally not my cup of tea but my husband and his family LOVE this combination. I may test it out for them soon.


Courtesy of Barefoot Contessa
 2. Oreo Cookie Truffles.  Do I need any explanation?

Courtesy of Bakerella
3. Pretty floral cupcakes. I learned how to make this flower last summer in class but never did it again. I think I need to whip out my piping skills soon.
Courtesy of Martha Stewart
4.  Kate's previous post made me think of these pretty things. Don't they just look darling? It'd be great for a bridal shower or something in the spring time.

Courtesy of Martha Stewart
5. And look at that detail! I need to figure how they did this. What a fun way to make a cake look special.

Courtesy of Martha Stewart
6. And lastly, since Easter is coming up, these chocolate eggs are calling my name. 
Courtesy of Taste of Homes

What will I actually make and how long will it take me? Who knows?! I reserve the right to change my mind depending on my mood and current cravings!

~Kc

No comments:

Post a Comment