Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A horse is a horse...

This past weekend Joe and I went to Virginia to visit his family for his dad's birthday.  We had a wonderful time playing with the nieces and enjoying the early spring weather.  One of his dad's neighbors has horses and the other one raises ducks.  I swear, feeding ducks makes me feel like I'm six years old again. I can't help but get excited and squeal. 

Anyways, this was the first visit that the horses actually came up to their fence. They are usually off in the distance and ignore us.  But this time, they came right on up to us hoping that we had some carrots or apples.  This was the first time in ages that I've been near a horse. I actually got to pet it and then it scared the bejeesus out of me when it snorted.


It was one of those days that make you glad to be alive.  Surrounded by family, hearing kids laugh, feeling the sun on your face...and then to have the childlike joys of new experiences.  Thanks Mr. Ed.

~kc

1 comment:

  1. I can hear you giggling in this photo- it's the same face you make the entire time we're getting pedicures, haha!!
    ~M

    ReplyDelete