Monday, March 28, 2011

Saturday

LC recently posted about traditions and we have a new one to add to the list! I just returned from the first annual mother/daughters weekend and can't believe it took us this long to start yearly girls trips like this. We had so much fun.

The cast of characters (from L to R): My sister, Ann, Me, my mom, LC and my sister-in-law, Shannon.

We met in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and I soon discovered the city has much more to offer than just Amish Country. In fact, I had to wait until Sunday afternoon for my anticipated horse and buggy sighting.

Below are some pictures from the Lancaster Central Market, which I loved.








More pictures to come...hang tight.

xoxo,

Kate

2 comments:

  1. So cute- your mom looks SO happy!!! LC, are you wearing floves?? Very trendy- I like!! Kate- where did you get that coat, is it brown? Fun new tradition for you girls. Although, did anyone mention Midnight Shopping on Thanksgiving for LC's original post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you guys came to Lancaster for a girls weekend. We love it here and not many people know how wonderful it is, so family friendly. And, yes, much more to see than just the Amish! It does feel like you step back in time in some ways, but the 'city' is really starting to blossom. We live in a neighborhood that buggy's use as a cut through, so we often have them going down our street and I always mistake the sound for a snow plow/salt truck! I have no idea why but they do sound like that. I even think it when it's not snowing...7 years in Lancaster and I'm still not used to it! Anyway, I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete