Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Oh Vanny Boy...

As any good music nerd would be doing, I’ve been listening to a lot of Irish artists this week in prep-mode for St. Patrick’s Day. There are many lovely Irish acts pumping (word choice?) out of my ipod this week; The Pogues, Flogging Molly, Damien Rice, Swell Season/The Frames, Boomtown Rats to name a few. There is one musical leprechaun I can’t get enough of: Van “the man” Morrison.

If you aren’t familiar with Van Morrison then you might be an alien. (In which case, I have SOOOOOOOO many questions for you!!!)  Everybody knows his big hit “Brown Eyed Girl”, but I never loved it since I have blue/green eyes (Please refer to “Green Eyes” by Coldplay if you’re in the same boat as me). My all time fave of Morrison’s would have to be “These Are The Days” but lately I’ve been listening to “Domino” on repeat. Check it…


Another great song Morrison wrote was “Into the Mystic” with one of my most quoted song lyrics, “I want to rock your gypsy soul” (If I was a creepy guy, that would be my standard pick-up line). The Swell Season do a great cover which I hope to see performed live ASAP. Until then, YouTube it is…


~M

No comments:

Post a Comment