Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's the eye of the tiger...

I happened upon this article about a lovely, passionate man who runs an animal sanctuary for exotic carnivores (side note: wouldn’t you love to be described as an exotic carnivore!?!? No??? Just me then…) in Colorado. I am an animal lover, but wouldn’t have the passion or drive to fall onto the animal activist spectrum (plus sometimes animals are jerks, let’s be honest people). This man sounds truly amazing and inspiring, but the article also mentioned how his wife ended up leaving him which is totally sad but somewhat expected when you’ve got not one but three packs of wolves hanging out. I love hearing about people who start organizations or other things that no one would ever think of- like who decides one day that they are going to run an orphanage for old circus animals??? I'll tell you who- former math teacher, Pat Craig. I never have ideas like that; I can barely decide what to eat for dinner let alone what sort of world wide phenomena I should start. And btw- where is Ty Pennington when you need him? Shouldn’t “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” be starting to build this guy a better house and more barns for tigers?
~Mindy
photo

No comments:

Post a Comment