Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Put Some Whiskey, Into My Whiskey...

St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite days of the year because I love celebrating the banishment of snakes (public enemy #1), listening to Irish music and drinking green beverages. This year did not disappoint!!! I spent the early part of the day with family. And our mom, like every St. Patrick's Day of my life, made our Irish Dinner.
Shamrock Shakes with my sister

Mom's amazing Irish meal

This plate brought to you by the letters Y-U-M
Then I went by the cemetary to take some flowers to my dad. Growing up he always gave my mom and my sisters and me a green corsage on St. Patrick's Day, so I try to return the favor.
After I that I went down to meet up with some friends. It was CRAZY crowded down there, who knew there were so many Irish people in Central PA ;) We drank beers and listened to a band in one of Harrisburg's "Irish Pubs". (Side Note: can we talk about how terrible DT Harrisburg is getting? No. 20 most dangerous city in America???)

Late night it was time for me to fulfill my little sister duties by picking up my brother from his yearly St. Patrick's Day celebration. It's the ONE day a year I have to do this for him so I don't mind, and it ended up being great times (there was a game called "Battleshots", enough said). I crashed the end of the party and got to reconnect with one of my favorite people from my past- my old babysitter, Erin. She was the COOLEST teenager. She introduced me to U2 at the age of 6 and her love of Bono and all things Irish has never waiver. It's been probably 15 years since I've last seen her but she's still one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet and it was so fitting that our reunion happened on St. Patrick's Day.

World Peace is photo bombing out reunited love
Party Host Brian- he's pretty happy about his outfit


Good seeing you, St. Patrick's Day. Looking forward to next year already- who know's where I'll be celebrating by then :)
~M


No comments:

Post a Comment