Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Beer, Wiener Schnitzel, and Pretzels





Any avid followers of this blog know that my diet pretty much consists of peanut butter, vegetables, and milk but while in Munich, I dined on some scrumptious Bavarian food that took my taste buds on a culinary adventure.

In my family, we have a {rather grotesque} saying that we like "anything in a casing". And so you can imagine I was in heaven surrounded by unlimited options of Knackwurst, Bratwurst, Weisswurst to name just a few.

I drank beer like it was water, ate more German chocolate than necessary and consumed a soft pretzel at every meal (literally every meal...even breakfast). It was wonderful.

I left Germany with more than I started...more pounds, that is. But it was well worth it.

xoxo,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment