Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forgotten








We each have our story. I think about mine every year on this date.

LC and I had made plans to sprint the Capitol steps on that fateful morning and for some reason, luckily, our alarm didn't go off. Because we had overslept, I decided to head, instead, to my work study and was mindlessly filing papers when I heard the report on someone's radio. For some reason, I really didn't comprehend the gravity of the news at that moment. I reported to my first class on time where, in typical college practice, most of the students had rolled out of bed and trudged to class without hearing the news. My professor shared the information with many of the students and I'll never forget that a classmate ran out of the room so he could contact his family. He lost his father that day in the attack.

The events of September 11 changed our lives. In fact, during the earthquake last month, my first thought was that we were experiencing another terrorist attack. I guess that feeling will be carried with me for the rest of my life.

Especially on this day, my heart and prayers go out to the victims and their families and the heros who helped in the wake of that dreadful day.

Always Remembering,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment