Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Home is where the heart is...

Home. It's such a wonderful feeling. I love knowing that I'm safe and comfortable at home. I am definitely a homebody at heart. I'm lucky that I've known so many wonderful homes and that I still consider a great deal of them my home to this day.

I went back to one of my most favorites homes this past weekend. Just a quick getaway to where I spent four fantastic years of my life. If you've never visited James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia then I suggest you go soon. It's still this perfect small town university on a stunningly beautiful campus. I loved my time there and it felt good to go back and get recharged. There's something about fall on a college campus that just makes everything ok.


There have been a lot of changes there since I graduated.  I was worried that it wouldn't be the same school that I had fallen in love with years ago.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that some things changed for the better (Starbucks inside the library!) and some things stayed the same (mmmm, D-hall).


JMU always had the most beautiful flowers. I swear, they were updating the flower pots daily. I still love the purple and gold color combo in my pots (and no ECU fans, it's not your colors).



Wilson Hall is still the beautiful strong building anchoring the quad. I was fortunate enough to graduate on the lawn in front of this building.



Here's Joe and I on the Kissing Rock on the quad. That's Wilson Hall in the background. It was a beautiful day and I loved showing off my old school to Joe.






There was a home football game while we were there. That is one change that is huge! Football wasn't that big while I was there but it's taken off in a big way since. There were tailgaters everywhere...kind of wish I had joined in!  I know the stadium is still small potatoes compared to PSU but it's pretty big by JMU standards.

All in all, it was a great visit. I love going back home even if it is just for a visit.
~Kc

1 comment:

  1. This POST makes me so happy! I didn't know that Kate had a best friend who went to JMU! My love for JMU knows no bounds! Thanks for posting all the photos - I miss it more every day.

    ReplyDelete