Friday, September 2, 2011

My dream house...

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it a few times but my house is currently on the market.  Unfortunately, the market is dead.  One of these days, we'll eventually sell my cute little townhouse that we have rapidly outgrown and move into something bigger.  Until that point, I will keep dreaming of my future house.

I can't wait until we move so that Joe can have some Honey Do projects.  I have so many things that I'd LOVE for him to build.  I hope he's ready.

Have you ever been on Ana-White's website? She's brilliant.  The ideas and designs are so fun and the instructions appear to be so clear and easy to follow. I'm hopefully that we'll be able to replicate some of these ideas.

I am a big fan of Pottery Barn stuff...you know, champagne tastes on a beer budget. Yup, that's me.  Thank goodness there's an outlet by my parents house.  However, if Joe is able to make some of these then we'll come out ahead big time! 

1. Media Console Table.
I'm so used to having an armoire to hide my stuff that I'm not used to having my TV out in the open. But Joe would love to have a big screen some day. Here's my compromise.

Found here
 2. Modular desk units.
I love the idea of having the modular desk units so that I can make my desk fit my space.  I can use drawers, filing cabinets, etc. I love it. And this can easily be changed to different colors or wood stains.
Found here
 3. Another desk solution.
Depending on space, I love this idea. It seems like it would be great for a craft room.
Found here
 4. Bed with storage solutions.
I know how much storage comes at a priority. We already have two beds but if we needed more I'd love to do something like this.  It looks so put together.
Found here
 5. Laundry organization.
Love this idea! Instead of nesting baskets, this allows you to use them to sort out clothes before laundry is done and it gives you a place to store it after everything is folded.
Found here
 6. Laundry organization.
Here's another creative way of storing laundry baskets. I hate my front loader washer so I hope to get a new one but if we hang on to it longer then this would be wonderful.  It stops you from having to bend over but it remains functional.
Found here

Oh the wishlist I have going for this new house.  I can't wait.  Keep your fingers crossed that someone buys this house soon!
~Kc

1 comment: