Monday, November 21, 2011

Thank you

Thanksgiving is nearly here! It's that time of year for turkey, stuffing, football, and shopping. But, most of all, it is the time for reflecting on all that we have to be thankful for in our lives.

This year has been the most difficult year in my life. I had a miscarriage in the spring. For those that haven’t experienced it themselves or know someone who has—it’s awful. It is simply awful.

The months since have been a roller coaster. I have had my ups and I have definitely had my downs. Everyone’s experience is different but I had a hard recovery process, both physically and emotionally. Every day can be a struggle not to cry. It’s amazing what little things can do to trigger all of the emotions. One second I am laughing but then a Pampers commercial will appear and I can be an absolute mess.

But, as Thanksgiving Day approaches, I realize that while this year has given me a tremendous amount of pain, I do have a lot to be grateful for in my life. I have been blessed with the most amazing friends. Kate, Laura, and Mindy (along with my best friends from college, Lindsay and Sara) have been there for me when I needed them the most. Just a text, or an email, or phone call to say hello and that they are thinking of me. It’s those little things that make you realize how much you have in life.

I am very lucky to have an amazing family. My parents have been there for me in so many ways. My poor mother has had to listen to my whining and crying a lot this year. I know it must be hard for my parents but I am so thankful to know that I can always count on them when I need a shoulder to cry on. And they will tell me when I need to pick myself up and get on with it. I need that.

But, most importantly, I am thankful for my husband. My husband has been an amazing rock. He’s listened to my hormonal rants, my uncontrollable sobbing, and my crazy venting. He wraps his arms around me tightly and holds me. This year has been hard. As long as he is by my side, I truly believe that we can make it through anything.

I'm planning on putting my worries aside this week.  I’m going to spend Thanksgiving with my family in my cozy little house watching football, eating myself full and planning our shopping strategy. I may be sad for my loss but I will forever be grateful to be surrounded by my friends, family, and my husband.  I wish that everyone can be that lucky.

Found on Pinterest. Link here
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our followers.
~Kc

1 comment: