Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks


Sometimes I don't even know how to begin. I try to find the words...to speak from my heart and convey the feelings...the emotions...the gratitude I have but sometimes I'm left speechless. Because there really aren't the words to express how thankful I am for the blessings in my life.

My family isn't always perfect. We make mistakes. And fight. And perhaps we don't call each other as much as we should but I know they are always there. And I know they always will be. Each one of them, too. "In-law" or sibling. Parents or kiddos. They are amazing and I am thankful for them every day. No, every second of every day.

Thank you, family, for everything you do for me and for each other. I'm so lucky to have your love.


And to my little "family" of friends. I'm thankful for each text, each laugh, each drink we share. I'm so glad we met at the KFC, or on the school bus, or over a pack of crayons or at the high school basketball games or at our first job out of college. You've changed my life for the better.  In my older age, I think I've become a 'gushier' person but know that each "I love you" and each "I miss you" is sincerely meant.

Also, just so you know. I don't just think about this on Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for you  all in January and July and October...and every day in between.

xoxo,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment