Friday, July 22, 2011

I've got my toes in the water....


My dear hubby and I took a mini-vacation this past weekend to Myrtle Beach. It was so incredibly needed and enjoyed.  Between work issues for both of us and life being altogether too busy this was an escape! We had lots of time to catch up with each other and just be at peace.  Now it's back to the real world.  But...some lessons learned from our trip.

1. Don't forget your camera. Seriously. We both forgot. And then had to take several trips to CVS to buy disposable. Eventually I'll have my own photos to share...it may be years from now though.
2. When did we become old and wake up at 6:30 am on our days off?  At least we got to watch the sunrise...and eat breakfast with the old folks.
3. Glow in the dark bocce ball is awesome.
4. The wind at the beach can be fierce. Make sure any tent or umbrella comes with good size stakes...not wimpy pins.  The sea breeze giveth and it taketh away...(picture us running down the beach frantically).
5. Claim the prime spot early. This reminded me of our trips to Aruba when Laura and Mindy would claim our spot first thing in the morning. Joe and I learned that our early wakeup calls could benefit us.
6. Fireworks should always be supervised by adults.  While we enjoyed the displays set off by many folks there were some idiots out there (and keep in mind SC sells some good fireworks).
7. Don't forget a bottle opening. Otherwise, it's difficult to drink that beer.

Ahh..the memories.  Can we go back now?
~Kc

No comments:

Post a Comment