Saturday, May 7, 2011

To my best friend

I’m a very lucky person.  I’m reminded of that in little ways every day.

I am very fortunate to be able to say that my mom is my best friend.  I know my mom is always there for me.  I’m lucky that I look forward to her visits. I’m lucky that I want her opinion.  I’m lucky that she cares. I’m lucky that she listens.

Last weekend she drove all the way from PA to NC so we could watch the Royal Wedding together.  My husband rolled his eyes as we spent the night before decorating our regal hats that we’d wear while watching.  We woke up at 4 am the next day and sat in our hats and pjs while eating scones and English muffins. (Yes, there are pictures but they will forever remain locked away from public view).

Mom, thank you for listening to me cry, vent, laugh, complain and talk (and I talk a lot)!

I love you more than all the cupcakes in the world.


Strawberry cupcakes and strawberry cream cheese frosting
I hope all the mothers out there have a wonderful weekend!

~Kc

No comments:

Post a Comment