Monday, May 23, 2011

Take That, Rapture Day




I wasn't a believer in all the hocus pocus of "Rapture Day" but come Sunday morning, I went for a nice jog and kept thinking about how happy I was to be alive on such a beautiful day. And I started a mental list of all the things I want to do while I'm still on this great Earth.

I'd like to become a better person. Somehow. And inspire others to be better people too. I want to have a Travels With Charlie adventure, and make Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon. I will go sky diving, experience Italy, drink beer at Oktoberfest, and read all the classic books I can find. I would like to visit Iowa...Or Nebraska or some other place in the middle of nowhere. Just for kicks. I have a goal of finishing a marathon in under four hours and 30 minutes. One day, I'll go wedding dress shopping with my mom and own a house with a yard. The list of things I want to do will do is endless but I think that's the fun of living. In your face, Rapture Day...I've still got a lot of living to do.

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment