Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I'm writing 'bout the book I read...

Time for another nerdy book update! I just finished “Dead Reckoning” from the Sookie Stackhouse series (a very guilty pleasure). For those of you not familiar with these books, they are the ones that the TV show “True Blood” is based off of. My sister Chris introduced me to the books before the television series started and they have become quite addicting. This is the 11th book in the series, although they are pretty short books. Very quick reads- easy to fit in to a busy schedule like mine (only took me 1 night to read it), but they are DEFINITELY not for kids or young adult readers. I have to say I was a tiny bit disappointed in this one (I feel slightly ashamed even saying that, seeing as they are vampire fantasy novels, am I truly becoming a weird single cat lady????). Hopefully she’ll publish the next one soon to move the story along better. True Blood will be starting again in June- can’t wait!!!

photo here
Hope things are sunny where you are!
~M
*post title from "The Book I read" by the Talking Heads

No comments:

Post a Comment