Sunday, May 8, 2011

Im glad whenever I can share her laughter...

I’m just finishing up a lovely mother’s day with one of the very BEST people in the world- my mom. As our regular readers know, I live with my mom in the house I grew up in, her roomie since my dad passed away in August 2006. Mother’s Day was always a great big holiday in our family, almost bigger than Easter! My dad took the entire family out to brunch at this wonderful restaurant called Groff’s Farm in Mt. Joy, PA. We would get dressed up and take photos together and just enjoy the leisurely drive through the Pennsylvania country side. Unfortunately, Groff’s closed a couple of years before my dad died, but he always put in extra effort to let my mom know just how much he appreciated her giving him the gift of four children and taking care of our family. We’ve kept up the tradition to the best of our ability- this year I had lunch with my mom, sister Chris, brother Jim and nephew Ryan. It’s an extra tough weekend for my mom and me because yesterday would have been my dad’s 65th birthday, the golden age to enter retirement. Although he’s not here to celebrate with us, I know he is looking down with pride. My mom is the most giving person I’ve ever met, she is always there when I need her (even to pick through the trash, just like Kate’s mom, haha) and she has such a great sense of humor! She is just as beautiful inside as she is on the outside, and I could never be making the changes in my life that I have the past two years without her love and support.

Thank you mom for all that you do for me. Even when I act REALLY mad at you when you let your car run out of gas and I have to rescue you AGAIN, I’m actually glad for the opportunity to give back just a tiny bit of help to the woman who’s gone above and beyond the call of duty for 28 years. Love you mom- I want to be just like you when I grow up J
Dancing at a wedding

Dinner on vacation in Mexico

On a boat on vacation


Happy Mother's Day to all those we need to celebrate!
~M
*post title from "slipping through my fingers" by ABBA

2 comments: