Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Project Purge

Recently, as in the last few months, I feel like I'm outgrowing my space. The closets are so tiny and my stuff seems to be growing...expanding...taking over my once cute little apartment. I can't live like this anymore and so I'm dedicating myself to a project this next week. My goal is to PURGE...

Oh, but purging is so hard. What if one day square toe, chunky heeled shoes come back in style? What if I need that hideous stained sweatshirt for a Halloween costume? Or my holey jeans? I'm saving those gems for when I repaint...or figure out how to look good in home-made cut-offs. You can see my dilemma.

I've heard the "one year, trash it" rule. But for three plus years, I have a growing stack of clothes in my "Possibilities! Opportunities! Comeback!" pile. And you know what? I still go back to it and find that one item that works perfectly with a new purchase. Champagne problems, right?

One day, in my dream home, I'll have a dream closet. And that closet will look something like this...



...until then, my pack-rat habits have got to go. So maybe I'll roll around in the memories of my old ratty t-shirts one last time and work up the nerve to say goodbye to the stack of old cotton collecting dust under my bed.

xoxo,
Kate

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more! I love to purge (but regret it a week later!) My goal this summer is to organize my basement and keep a yard-sale pile in one corner. Then, I just need to figure out how to host a yard sale :)

    ReplyDelete