Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Girl Oughta Have A Sense of Humor...

I started writing a post about how crazy my life has been the past few years and how this is NOT how I imagined things going, but really no one wants to hear about that. We all have parts of our lives that we would change if we could, but so many things are out of our control that there really isn’t any point in dwelling on them. Everyday I do my best to be grateful for the things I have and laugh at all the things that have gone wrong. Still, every now and then I need inspiration to keep things in perspective. Having experienced several “Liz Lemon” moments this past week, I decided to pick up a copy of Tina Fey’s book Bossypants. Best Decision EVER! This book has been better than any form of therapy I could have tried, and it was only $16.43 with my Barnes & Noble discount. Her writing is excellent and her stories are HILARIOUS but meaningful. The chapter about her dad was the best part for me, as he is exactly like my own father was. I highly recommend this book- it’s a really quick read so even you, LC, could finish it J



Enjoy!!!   
~M
*Post title from "Funny Girl" by Barbara Streisand"

No comments:

Post a Comment