Monday, May 16, 2011

To Longer Days



For the past five summers, I had a job that kept me so busy from May until August that come Labor Day, I was lucky just to stay awake, let alone absorb the last few sweet days of my favorite season. I went to work in the dark hours of morning and returned home well after the sun had hit its REM cycle. I went weeks without having a single free second to call my family or friends and, try as I might, I found it impossible to get a tan from the hologen lights in my office.
Oh, how things will be different this year. I will call it the Summer of Kate and my biggest decisions will be which books to read and ice cream to try and how many beers I want to drink. It's going to be wonderful! Stay tuned for all the fun.

xoxo,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment