Friday, August 24, 2012

I heart ice cream

Remember this post:  Can Ice Cream Change Your Life?  And this one:  Infused Vodka?   We've been at it again.  My husband had the brilliant idea to extrapolate our vodka infusing to include bourbon.  He did his thing and made a peach-infused bourbon that is definitely something to write home about.
Image found  here 


Afterwards, we were left with bourbon-infused peaches.  We didn't want to just throw them away.  Originally I thought we could eat them as an after-dinner treat.  But, after tasting one and getting slightly tipsy from it (who knew fruit could absorb SO MUCH liquor), we decided to go in a different direction.  This is where homemade ice cream entered the thought process.  

Image found  here

I used the same decadent  vanilla custard base as usual.  After much thought, I decided to add in silky, salted caramel,  crunchy, sugared pecans , and the bourbon-infused peaches.  yum, YUM, YUM!  I can't get enough.  I just wish I had made twice ten-times as much.

Hugs to our followers,
LC


No comments:

Post a Comment