Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Winter Where Are You?

I know I'm probably in the minority on this but I love winter. I am one of those people that truly loves every season for what it gives me. I love curling up under a blanket with a good book and a basketball game on TV while snow is falling outside.  I love the crisp chill in the air. I love the way the world looks blanketed by snow.  That quiet that comes after a great storm.  I love the way the birds pop against the white in the backyard. 

I know that moving south meant that I was cutting my winters shorter which was ok with me. I love the snow but I don't love it enough to have a winter that lasts forever.  Usually we get a few good snow storms and then it's time for spring. But, this is ridiculous.


It's January. We are in the mid-50's to 60's this week.  I have no idea how to dress anymore. The flowers are all confused and are starting to bloom.  I miss winter.


Picture from 2011 of my neighborhood

Photo of my parents house in PA during one of the blizzards last year


My parents backyard in PA duringone of the blizzards last year

Here's hoping to a late winter storm to satisify my snowy needs.  And then we can warm up and enjoy Spring!

~Kc

No comments:

Post a Comment