Friday, December 30, 2011

Out like a lamb

You know that old saying about March? In like a lion. Out like a lamb.

Well, as we near 2012, I think 2011 is exiting like a lamb. I feel warm and fuzzy. I catch myself smiling for no reason at all.

For me, this was a good year. A growing year. I learned a lot about myself. I taught myself to think that the best years of my life are now because previously, I was always looking forward to my "next chapter". I kept thinking about how happy I'd be when I got married, or had kids or bought a home.

Turns out, I'm rrrreeaaalllyyy happy now. And...I always have been. I just decided to focus on the present instead of the future. The future will always work itself out. These are the days to remember.

I know it hasn't been a good year for everyone. I know that some friends and family have had rough patches and it has tested their faith and strength and happiness. Sometimes this helps me through those tough days:

 You're braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem
and smarter than you think

--from Winnie the Pooh



If it's possible, I think my relationships with my close friends and family have grown stronger and that's an incredible gift.  I can't forget that 2011 brought this little guy into our family. And what an incredible gift that is too!

Lookout, 2012: I've got big plans for you.

xox,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment