Sunday, December 11, 2011

Unforgettable

With a few exceptions (thanks to my sister, husband and some of his friends), my four years at college were forgettable.  This weekend, Kate and I went back to our Alma Mater to visit the Basilica of the National Shrine.  Despite my vow on graduation day to not step foot back on the campus, this weekend, we had a very particular and important motive for going. 

                                                    

Afterwards, Kate and I made a LARGE and delicious meal of shabu shabu,


(Typical LC: I had high hopes of documenting this weekend in photos, but this is where the weekend pictures end)

followed by a tutorial of pinterest and Skype

This morning, after a wonderful wake-up call to Ben Harper's "Waiting on an Angel," Kate and I got in a nice workout at the gym.  We met with our friend, Tal, from high school for brunch at a french restaurant in D.C., where I had the most amazing Chestnut and Bacon soup.  I'm hoping to find a recipe and duplicate it for our first course of Christmas dinner.  Then we took a stroll around Eastern Market, where I was ecstatic to find pickled green tomatoes.  I can't wait to try them!

All-in-all, it was a great weekend.  Now, I have a week of baking cookies and wrapping presents!

Hugs to our followers (especially those that made this weekend UNforgettable),
LC

p.s. Kate, enjoy your stir-fry. swish, swish.