Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's the holiday season..

The American holiday season kicks off with Thanksgiving but luckily in my family we don't have to wait too long before our next round of fun. As I said before my family is mostly Irish, but in early December I get to be proud of our little bit of Czech heritage when we celebrate St. Nicholas Day. Growing up, we were the only family I knew of who celebrated this day. I loved it! To me it always felt like "Appetizer Christmas" as we'd get (and still do!) a stocking full of little treats. Per tradition, at the bottom of our stocking there's always a quarter (no accounting for inflation apparently) and an orange. It's one of my favorite family memories and I can't wait to pass it on when I have kids someday!!

Didn't get a chance to do so before, so here's a solid block of photos from the first half of my Holidays: Thanksgiving weekend with my family, visiting Kate last weekend in festive DC and our slightly adjusted St. Nicholas celebration (my poor mommy is in the hospital with pneumonia- boo!!! Feel better soon!).

Homemade Stuffing


Turkey-Lurkey Time


Family Table


Cheers!


Insane Amount of Delicious Food


Post-Dinner Sister Walk


Game Night


Apps & Drinks @ Maggie's


KW & LC


SKINNY GIRL!


Let's Go Pens


Festive White House


National Xmas Tree
 
Penny Toss


Visiting Santa's Workshop



Total BS


Patriotic Girlfriend


Hospital Treats

Comfy Socks & Nail Files make everything better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment