Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday Morning Stargirl

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli Free Online Summary Study Guide

I was recently reminded how much I love Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. This young adult book is a quick read about a spunky girl with an infectious upbeat spirit. When I need a little pick-me-up or some refreshing words, I pick up my beloved copy and usually turn to my favorite passage:

"We walked. We talked. We rode bikes. Though I had my driver's license, I bought a cheap second hand bicycle so I could ride with her. Sometimes she led the way, sometimes I did. Whenever we could, we rode side by side.

She was bendable light: she shone around every corner of my day.

She taught me to revel. She taught me to wonder. She taught me to laugh. My sense of humor had always measured up to everyone else's; but timid, introverted me, I showed it sparingly: I was a smiler. In her presence I threw back my head and laughed out loud for the first time in my life."

I hope everyone has a Stargirl in their life.

xoxo,

Kate

1 comment:

  1. I've never read this but now I want to STAT. Adding it to my list of things to buy soon!

    ReplyDelete