Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Let's make whoopie...

Whoopie pies, silly!

I am a baker. I love everything about it. Cakes, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, truffles....they are all wonderful.  Yet, I have never made a whoopie pie.  They are clearly the "it" thing in the baking world right now. This is ironic because my family has lived near Amish country for nearly 20 years now and it's claimed that the Amish women created whoopie pies from leftover cake batter.  And, my brother and his family live in Maine where the whoopie pie is the official state treat (and South Portland, ME made the largest pie at over 1000 pounds earlier this year).

Anyway, I am seeing a lot of fun recipes out there for whoopie pies. I may have to give it a shot one of these days to see if they are worth it.

Courtesy of Brown Eyed Baker


Courtesy of Epicurius

Anyone have experience with these? Any good recipes I should try?
~Kc

No comments:

Post a Comment