Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Guess who's bizack?

I am the worst. I have not been writing on this blog for a bit and, in doing so, have been breaking the hearts of all my fans (by fans I mean my mom- Hey Mom!- and the person in India who keeps checking this blog- Hey India!). My apologies to those fans for your empty lives during my absence. Let’s get back to it…

Last Thursday I took my 11 year old nephew down to DC to visit a few of the Smithsonian Museums. I am proud to say that this was not my idea. It was his because he is a third/fourth/whatever generation nerd in our family and that makes him awesome, just like me. We checked out the Natural History Museum, American History Museum, Air & Space Museum and then we returned to Natural History again later in the day because WE COULDN’T GET ENOUGH!!!! Now I fancy myself an educated woman (part 1) but my nephew Ryan is bordering on super genius. He should be charging for tours at those museums. I can’t wait until he’s winning some uber-science award someday and I will give a toast saying “Remember when Aunt Mindy took you to those museums during the summer and it changed your life???” and he will say “Have that woman removed and for God’s sake make her put some clothes on!” (I’m a nudist in the future). That will be good family times J
Here are a bunch of terrible photos I took with my awful digital camera. Side note: my birthday is just around the corner and what I REALLY want for my birthday is a new digital camera, so let’s see what we can do about that, blog-fans (This means you, mom. I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle! Or a digital camera).










On the way home in the car we rocked out to David Bowie and The Flaming Lips. Ryan is going to have the best music taste of any 6th grader in middle school next year.
~M
*Post title from Jay-Z's "Guess Who's Back"

No comments:

Post a Comment