Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Surprise!!

So my quiet weekend at home with my husband, parents and puppies turned into a 30th birthday that I will never forget!  My mom and I had left the house at about 1:00 to go see West Side Story in Durham. We've had these tickets purchased since Christmas!  I had expected to come back home after the show, play with the puppies for a little bit and then head out to eat at a nice restaurant to celebrate my birthday.  As I walked in the door, I was greeted with a big "Surprise!" from my friends and family.  I truly had no idea.  I've never had a surprise party before--it was an amazing day.  I am so impressed with my husband, friends and family for managing to keep the secret a secret!

When my husband surprised me with the puppies last month I truly thought that was my big birthday surprise. I had no idea he had another one up his sleeve!  He did good, really good.  I will certainly never forget my 30th birthday weekend.

Ultimately, it was a beautiful summer night with my friends and family by my side celebrating with good food and laughter.  While some of my friends and family were missing due to the distance (we need a high speed rail system from PA to NC pronto), they didn't forget!  Check out the fantastic pictures that the girlfriends had my parents bring down for the party.


Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post that my friends and family took at the party. I was too distracted and overwhelmed to remember to actually take any photos other than a few!

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special. I am feeling very loved right now.
~Kc

No comments:

Post a Comment