Monday, July 16, 2012

Birthday Girl!

The fourth girlfriend is joining the 30th birthday club! Happiest of birthdays to you, Mindiroo.

Dear Mindy,

You're not only my oldest friend, you're also one of the most thoughtful. Sometimes a text pops up from you at just the right moment. Sometimes, I wonder if you have a sixth sense about that sort of thing.

I saw this print and thought of you:

Specifically, I thought of this one day when you came to visit me in DC not so long ago. We had this amazing conversation about our life paths and how our journey has been so different than we expected. What a lesson for us...such planners! But there was so much more in store for us.
I remember we kept says, "We're living life."  "Yeah, LIVING life!"
 We traveled and took risks and acted silly.  We got our hearts broken and went on adventures and occasionally behaved like hobos. We started over. We're chasing our dreams. We experienced loss and along the way realized that the support of friends and loved ones is what's most important in life.
But best of all, we did it together. Every step of the way, dear friend.
To say I'm thankful for our friendship is the understatement of the century. On your birthday, I want you to know what a rockstar you are.
You have a space in the giant blue chair anytime you want it :)

xoxo,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment