Friday, August 12, 2011

Small town charm

This past weekend my husband and I went to visit my extended family in Missouri and Kansas.  The town of Chillicothe, Missouri holds a lot of incredible memories for me.  Every time I've gone back to visit since my grandmother passed away, I've been so impressed with how they are maintaining the small town charm.  It's still a quaint little town. Here is one of the many reasons why....

On any wall that is available throughout the town, there are beautiful murals painted on it. It's fun to try to find them all as some are hidden in alleyways.

Those windows are painted!

Close up of the previous wall. Did you know that Chillicothe, MO is the home of sliced bread?





Again, the windows are painted. Even more ridiculous is that all the 'brick' you see, it's painted!


I love all the trompe l'oeil effects being used.

I always have to do a double take when I drive past this one.

It really felt like this was a street corner!


Another charming scene

This was deceiving. It really made it look like the picture was set into the wall.  But, it was again just an illusion!
Here's a close up of the brickwork. See, all painted!

I wish more towns would take the time and money to do special things like this. It was so much fun to drive around looking for all the scenes. There were a ton more that I didn't caputre or include. From little details over store fronts to huge murals. Love, love, love.

Hope you enjoyed a little trip through Chillicothe!
~kc

No comments:

Post a Comment